Wednesday, January 28, 2009

a small paper star

No matter how many books you read. You will never be prepared for motherhood. I once read a quote that said, "Becoming a mother means, for the rest of your life, your heart will walk around outside of your body". I think, so far, that is the best quote on motherhood in my opinion.

I picked Zion up from school last week and he had 2 yellow paper stars taped to his shirt. They said, "___________ is a star." and someone had written Zion in the blank.

I asked him about them, and he told me that they had a lesson on respect. What it means to respect someone. Then they had a chance to color stars, add a name to them, and give them to a classmate. He told me all about who gave stars to girls and who he gave stars to. He got stars from Joshua and Leo, but "not any girls".

After we got in the van, Zion pulls out 2 yellow stars for Isaac and "Mickal". I told Zion how proud I was of him for thinking of his brothers, (and then strongly encouraged his brothers to show a little more thankfulness).

And then he says, "I made you one too mom. And daddy. I didn't have enough, so I had to draw it and cut it out, but I colored it purple cause it's your favorite color."



Motherhood is, by far, the hardest thing I have ever tried, (and believe me, I am still trying.......) but it is by far the most rewarding in even the smallest ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment