Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Follow the Drinking Gourd

Zion was selected to play the part of "teacher" in a play at school called,

"Follow the Drinking Gourd"

The play is about the history of the Underground Railroad.
You can read about it here.

They have been practicing for over a month.  
He is (of the three boys) the most interested in Performing Arts. 

Here are a few photos:






(*photo credit:  Samantha Gillam)





And some video of the singing, mostly for my music teacher mother. 
(*I am pretty sure Zion got the "Performing Arts" gene from her!!)










Not every day that you hear "Amazing Grace" at a public school performance.
It brought a tear to my eye.
I could seriously sing that song every Sunday and be okay with it.


Zion, great job! 
You had a lot of lines to memorize, and you did it!
I love you and I am proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment